Tuesday, October 30, 2012

National Pit Bull Awareness Post

October is National Pit Bull Awareness Month.  This past Saturday, October 27, was the day to celebrate the awesomeness of pit bull kind! I have to admit, I had a really hard time deciding what to write about this month to go along with the theme.

At first, I thought that I would write about our experiences with the doggy prejudice that we've encountered since Loki joined our family. There are not too much, but there are some doozies. 

I also thought of re-hashing the Michael Vick dog fighting scandal after reading Lost Dogs by Jim Gorant.  There were numerous time I had to stop reading because I was in tears over what happened to many of the dogs.  At times, I thought that the author went into some gruesome details at times that were too much for me.

In any case, I went back and forth on what to write.  But then I remember my original purpose of this blog - more POSITIVE images/stories about pitbulls and bully breeds like Loki. 

So I give you, what Loki, a Pit Bull AND American Bulldog, likes to do:

 Loki likes to . .
Watch T.V.

Sun Bath

Hog the couch while napping

Show off his laser eyes

Go on nature hikes

Sit nice for a treat

Let me dress him up in my scarves

Gives kisses while we are driving
And snuggle (not fight) with his pit bull friends
Pretty tame (and cute) for a breed that is "vicious and dangerous" huh?


No comments:

Post a Comment